Friday, December 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

My O My here it is thanksgiving already. My O My where did the time go. It just seem like we just finish ringing out the new year of 2012 and ringing in the new year of  2013 and here it is the end of November already.

Well here it is another week is about to start. As I  am having my morning coffee I cannot believe how fast the time is flying by. As I’m traveling to work I have noticed that the traffic has picked up. I guess everyone is getting an early start shopping for their Thanksgiving day dinner. As I am going through the golden gate of the storage station store on 29 Flint Rd in South Toms River NJ I am happy to see that as I drive around everything is looking good.

The cars trailer and boats and motor homes that are store here are in good shape in the rental spot. As I drive around I see there are tenants at their units already. As I drive by I stop to say good morning. I tell them boy it is cold out here. It is 28 degrees this morning. As always I ask them how things are going with them.

Wow today they were in a talking mood. They also cannot believe how the time is flying by also. They all said  they are here to get their Christmas things out of storage. Well I tell them that I have to do the same.

Well here it is I am now going through the golden gates over at the storage station store on 25 James St in Toms River, NJ. Again as I drive around the grounds I am finding everything is in tack and looking good. As  I open the doors to the hall way everything in is looking good also. I have run into some of the tenants that are at their units which they are renting here. Again they cannot believe how the time is flying by and it is the day before Thanksgiving already. As I am talking to one of the tenants someone pull up in their car and was looking for me. They wanted to rent a unit. I told them to follow me to the office and I will take care of everything. When we got to the office and went inside I m happy to say we now have a new tenant in a 10x20.

Well it has been a long year. It is now almost a year since the perfect storm Sandy and the Nor’easter had hit us. As we stop and think about want we have had to go through here at both storage stations stores in Toms River and in Toms River, NJ we cannot help to think what we are thankful for. The tenants that are renting here and the new tenants that are coming in to rent  are saying the same that we have a lot to be thankful for as to what we have been through this year.

Well it that time of the year that we have a lot to do. It is fall  time and it is cold. The trees are all dropping their leaves to the ground. Boy I never knew how many leaves are on a tree until I have to clean them up. Sometimes I feel like I’d just like to cut the trees down. One good thing we do not have to fight the weeds anymore and when you clean up the leaves you have got them beat. So far this year no snow and we all at both storage stations store in South Toms River and Toms River hope it stay that way.  Even the tenants at both storage station stores agree also.

Let’s talk about the past year. It has been a hard but good year for the storage station stores here but it has kept us on our toes. We had a lot of extra cleaning and a lot more maintenance to do this year. But as always we work as a team and the outlook is a lot brighter. I myself am very happy with what has happy and where we are today. With all that has happen westill had to work in the office. The rentals are way up at both stores in South Toms Rivers and Tom Rivers NJ.

This past year has been rough on a lot of people throughout NJ. The tenants and the new tenants that came in to rent  are also giving thanks for everything we have done for them in their time of needs We at all the storage stations stores have all happy and glad for what we have been able to do for everyone. It is hard sometime to even think about what can happen when you get the strong winds that we got and mix with rain. I myself was home at the time when it hit us  and could not believe what I was watching.  It was the first time I watch a storm of this type from my deck. I could not believe  that the trees behind the house that the tops were bending down that far to the ground . My older son was with me also at this time and he was as shock as I was to what we were seeing. As we both keep close to the house under the roof over the deck we could see a lot of flashing going on toward the ocean. At the time we thought it was flashes of lighting  but were shock to find out it was not lighting but it was transformer blowing up. It just seemed like one going off every 30 seconds.

We also watched- sorry to say- fall down and on top of a house. Lucky no one was home and no one was hurt. Today I at back and think of how lucky everyone was to get out of the storm alive. Yes we all had some damage done to our houses and property some worst then others. But again we can all be thankful on this holiday that we are alive. The rest can be taken care of in time. Who could believe how the water could rise so high and quickly. We saw it flood in places you would think will never flood. Like one person told me they all went to bed got up and could not image that they had 4 feet of water in their house down stairs.

There are so many stories that I could tell you about the storm sandy that I have heard from most of our tenants that rent with us  and the new tenants that came in and rented this year at both stores.

I would like to take this time and say that all of us at all the storage stations stores would like to say to all of our tenants and to all that everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Again we all should be thankful for what we have.

Well it is time to go so to all again have a safe and good holidays that are ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment