Friday, December 5, 2014

Where Did the Time Go?

Can you believe the holidays are already here? It just seemed like yesterday I took down all the holiday decorations and put them away. I remember seeing a post on my Facebook wall that said there was only 180 days till Christmas and when I read it I thought to myself, that seems so far away. It is funny that when we are waiting for a special time of the year to come that it takes forever to get to that date but once it finally does arrive it seems like in a blink of an eye it is over. Many of us do this when we are waiting for a vacation, a birthday, the last day of school, a wedding or any other special day or time to take place. Some of us, especially myself, love the holidays. They are such a happy time of the year. I love to bring out all my decorations and especially decorating my Christmas tree with all the special ornaments that I have collected over the years and remembering all the memories that go with them. Every year I look forward to adding my new ornaments that I collected from traveling or a special time in the past year. I would say my tree is like a time capsule of special events or memories throughout my life.

Like many of us I love all the pretty colors of lights that everyone puts up. It is especially pretty when it snows and the lights seem to sparkle from the white shinny snow. In some ways it does seem magical. I have to admit though I do not like to go shopping with all the crowds and everyone seems to be stressed from trying to find the perfect gift for that someone special. I am more an online shopper at this time of year but there are a few things I will need to actually go shopping for so I join everyone else. I find that trying to find that very special gift for someone is the hardest thing to do. Of course we want everyone to love what we have wrapped so pretty but sometimes this can be the ultimate challenge and I am always ready for a challenge so I find this fun and exciting also. I usually start thinking about what to get someone as soon as possible, sometimes as soon as the last Christmas is over. Either way I really try to put extra thought into making it as special as I can because I want them to be as happy as I am during the holidays.

Even though the food stores are so busy as well I don’t mind going shopping to get all my special ingredients for baking of preparing the traditional family goodies for this time of year. I really enjoy making cooking for everyone to enjoy. I love trying everyone else’s too! Everyone seems to have their own special touch this time of year when it comes to cooking or baking in the kitchen. Maybe this is why we all love going to each other’s homes and spending time together. Of course we enjoy just seeing each other again too!
 No matter how hectic it can seem to become and all the extra work that goes into this time of year, I still

Love it! I love spending time on Christmas Eve with friends and family and the excitement of Christmas day with all the gifts and traditions. It is all worth it to me.

Of course the holiday that this time of year that starts my holiday season is Thanksgiving Day. I have already started putting my list of all the different things I will need to get at the grocery store in order to make a feast of goodies for my friends and family. This day always seem to sneak up on me. Maybe it is from putting the summer things away in my self storage unit or cleaning the yard from all the fall leaves. Of course enjoying all the fall activities outside makes this time go quick too. Either way I always seem to be rushed more for this holiday than any other. I love baking on Thanksgiving Eve and making the house smell all yummy in anticipation for the feast the next day. Watching the Macys Day Parade is a very special event. I usually put it on first thing and watch it while I am cooking and preparing for my friends and family. In the past years I use to look forward to getting up very early to begin the holiday shopping on Black Friday. It was my special day because I got to enjoy all my friend and family for the entire day on Thanksgiving and then have an early day of shopping the next day without having to invade into my special time with my friends and family. This year the stores are opening and starting the Black Friday shopping on Thanksgiving Day. I don’t think they should refer to it as Black Friday anymore because it is no longer starting then. I know that there are many people who disagree with this and I understand why. We don’t get a lot of special days to be thankful for those who are with us and there are many of us who need to stretch our money in order to provide our loved ones with gifts to open on Christmas. Wehave to take the opportunity to take advantage of these exceptional savings in order to do so. This is forcing many of us to be torn on what to do. I can understand  why people will be shopping because they are forced too and I respect those who are refusing to go because they are standing up for those who are being forced to work or shop for the discounts. I just wish it did not have to come to anyone giving up that special day and no one losing out on those exceptional discounts.

If you find that you need somewhere to hide those special gifts away please feel free to contact us at 1021 Dolsontown Road Middletown NY 10940 at 845-360-2093 and we will be more than happy to help make your holidays even more memorable and as special as we possibly can.